We all know the feeling of stepping on the cold and slippery floor after taking a bath, and honestly, it just feels horrible. When it comes to solving this problem, bath mat sets serve the best. Bath mats are laid on the outer side of the bathroom or shower area. They are widely used at the gym, hotels, spa, and resort, but now there’s a trend of using them at home too because of their extensive benefits; few of them are listed below.
A wet floor is hazardous, and you risk slipping. Bath mats protect you from slipping by providing you an anti-slipping surface. They are made of a liquid-absorbent fabric material which absorbs all the water as soon as you step on them.
Bath mats sets protect your wooden, marble, hardwood, and tile floor from water. They absorb all the excess water and keep your floor safe from getting wet and soggy because it may damage the floor and make it look old and dull.
Tie and marble floors are always cold, so whenever you step on the marble or tile floor after taking a hot show, it gives you a shock. Bath mat sets are soft, warm, and liquid-absorbent; they offer great comfort and warmth when you step on them.
These bath mats also act as mini but functional rugs. Bath mats make your bathroom more stylish and protect them at the same time. Bath mats also give you (whenever you are away from home) and your guests a homey feeling along with the benefits as mentioned above.
How often you need to replace the bath mat set?
Bath mat sets are always in contact with water which limits their lifespan. Bath mat sets are available in many qualities, few of them last longer than others but not forever. Therefore, bath mat sets nedds to be replace once after two years or if they get daage or wear our soon, you need to replace them immediately. Here are the few wearing signs that will indicate that your bath mats have worn out and need a quick replacement.
- If the bath mats start peeling or tearing and the back comes off, they are not safe to use because the peeling limits the slip resistance.
- If there are any holes in the bath mats or loose threads, get a new bath mat set immediately.
- If there are any stains that can damage the fiber of bath mat sets, get a brand new set for your bathroom.
Care tips for bath mat sets:
Bath mats are always in use and contact with water; therefore, they need special care and replacement sometimes.
- Clean the bath mat sets regularly to increase their lifespan.
- Wash the bath mat sets at least once a weak.
- Always use a mild detergent and cold water to wash the bath mat sets.
- Shake the bath mats well before washing and dry cleaning them.
- Do not use bleach, whiteners and softeners for your bath mat sets.
- Used warm water to wash the white bath mat sets and cold water for colored bath mat sets.
- Do not wash the colored and white mat sets together.
- Take the bath mats out of the dryer a soon as it stops to avoid wrinkles.
- If there’s an anti-slip content in your bath mat sets, do not use any machine to dry them. Instead, go for air drying.
- Always shake the bath mats well before hanging them to air dry.
Best fabric material for bath mat sets:
Bath mat sets come in both natural and synthetic fabric materials. Each fabric material offers different benefits, but we strongly recommend you to go for cotton bath mat sets because;
- Cotton bath mat sets absorb more water than other materials.
- These bath mats come in various colors and designs and offer a wide range of prices for selection.
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- These sets get dry quickly.
- Cotton bath mat sets are durable and can be used even after repeated washing.
- You can cut the cotton bath mats to any desired size to fit it anywhere in your bathroom.
- Cotton bath mats stay in place and do not slip.